Even though it is not very pleasant to think about any kind of damage or accident to your goods. But such things do happen. Even though one wants that his or her goods should reach him in one piece. There are fifty percent chances that they won’t and hence you are bound to suffer damages.
Insurance is the most convenient and cost-effective way. To make sure you do not suffer too much of a damage and the same. Thus, it is very important that you go through the terms and conditions of your policy.
And aware of the situations in which you will reimburse. And situation wherein you will not reimbursed. All insurance policy information you can get at TOP 5 packers and movers in Gurgaon.
In case you suffer any kind of damage due to theft etc. You need to contact your insurance provider. The provider will then ask you to fill up certain forms to start the proceeding of insurance. You might ask to give out an estimated cost of damage suffered, so make sure you are already prepared with the same.
In case of theft etc, you also need to approach the police and inform them about the same. In case your goods need to repair to help you resume your business. Make sure you take photographs of the broken items or parts and also keep the repair bills with you.
You might need to give out the same as proof and it might also add in the reimbursement amount.
Claim for delayed delivery
Making a claim for delayed delivery known as a “delay claim”. Such claims have filed when the shipment is either not received on time or the pickup date has missed etc.
It is very important that before you sign the insurance contract. You make it very clear to the shipper about when you want him to pick up the goods. And from where and also inform him about the arrival date of the goods.
This way your shipper will be bound to deliver the goods on the specific date. And any delay on his part will result in a claim. In case no dates have mentioned. The shipper is bound to deliver your goods within a reasonable time limit.
This would mean that if the shipper takes three to four days to deliver the goods at a certain location. The goods reaching on the fifth day would considered as “late delivery” unless of course. It is due to some unforeseen circumstances which are beyond the control of the shipper.
Delay due to “force majure” or acts of god can usually not challenged. Thus, in case, there is a delay due to heavy rainfall, snow or storm. The shipper will not be liable to reimburse you for any delay in delivery. It is thus very important that you read the terms and conditions of the contract. Before you buy the insurance policy.
Tips for keeping safe your goods while moving
- Do not hire a company who do have insurance facility. Thus, at the time of searching for moving companies. You should read about the services on their website. If there mentioned about insurance facility. Then also you must talk over the phone or email to describe their insurance policy. So that you can understand what type of losses they cover in it.
- If you are in hurry and want to shit on ASAP, do not go with a company who does not have its vehicle. Because they can make delay to deliver your goods. So, you must ask the moving company they have their own trucks or not.
- It will be also good if you check everything on your own basis, do not give this task to your friends or any other person. f you want to shift your valuable goods, take some time and verify to a moving agency.
- Before choosing any company, you must check its previous reviews. So that you can get an idea about the company profile.
- To avoid all hassles you should contact TOP 5 packers movers. You can log on to 5th.in to get the best service.