Get A list of TOP 5 companies in Malda, West Bengal - 5th.in
About Malda City
State: West Bengal
Pin Code: 732101
Official Language: Bengali and Maithili, Hindi
The Malda city is the district of West Bengal, Malda lies 347 km north of Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal. Malda is situated between the "Historical Cities" of "Gaur" and "Pandua". The place was then known as "Engelzavad" established by the "British Rulers".
Mango, jute, and silk are the most well-known products of this district. It is exported across the world and is lauded and Famous internationally. "District Headquarters" is "English Bazar", also known as "Malda", It was once the "Capital of Bengal".
The "Independence Day of Malda is 17 August 1947". The populations of Malda city 3,997,970 according to 2011. Malda is called the "Gateway of North Bengal", But It was once the capital of "Gour-Banga". and it is counted in one of the "Biggest Cities of West Bengal".
Famous Festivals: Malda has special cultural sorts like Gombhira, Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Guru Nanak Janyanti, Alkap, Kavigan etc.
Famous Tourist Places in Malda
1. Adina Relics: (Adina Mosque, Golghar, Eklakhi mosque, Adina deer park)
2. Relics of Gour: (Firoz minar, Chika Masjid, Qutwali Gate, 12-gated mosque, Qudm-e-Rasul, shrine believed to contain footprint of the Prophet)
3. Aquatic Bengal
4. Jami Masjid
6. Dakhil Darwaza
7. Bara Sona Mosque
8. Lattan Mosque
Famous Education hubs in Malda
1. Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering & Technology
2. IMPS College of Engineering and Technology, established - 2003
3. The University of Gour Banga - 2008
4. Malda Polytechnic - 1962
5. Ratua Satyendra Nath Bose Government Polytechnic
6. Malda Women's College - 1970
1. Malda Zilla School
2. Malda C.C. Girls' High School
3. Malda Girls' High School
4. Lalit Mohan Shyam Mohini High School
5. Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Vidyamandir
1. Subhamita Banerjee (singer)
2. Subhash Bhowmick (Footballer)
3. Benoy Kumar Sarkar (Indian social scientist, Professor, Nationalist)
4. A. B. A. Ghani Khan Choudhury
Weather of Malda
♦ Summer: Malda District summer highest day temperature is in between 29 °C to 44 ° C.
♦ Winter: Average temperatures of January is 18 °C, February is 22 °C, March is 28 ° C, April is 32 ° C, May is 32 °C.
Transport Facility In Malda
♦ Road Transport: District Headquarters English Bazar is well connected by road. English Bazar is about 318 KM by road to Kolkata( Capital of West Bengal )
♦ Rail Transport: Maldah has the major railway station Malda Town connecting to most of the Important Cities and railway station in India. Some of the railway stations in district are Samsi, Harischandrpur, Eklakhi, Adina, Bhaluka Road F, Mahanagar, Gazole which connects most of the towns and villages in the District.
♦ Bus Transport: West Bengal Surface Transport Corporation ( WBSTC) runs Busses from Major cities to Towns and Villages in this District.
Famous Hotels in Malda
Address: New Banshbari, Malda HO, Malda, West Bengal - 732101
Address: Tattoo Bhaban, Kanir More Station Rd, Malda, West Bengal - 732101
Address: Krishnakalitala, Near Rabindra Bhawan, Mokdumpur, Malda, West Bengal - 732101
Address: Tanna rd, Malda GPost, Malda, West Bengal - 732201