Get A list of TOP 5 companies in Kota, Rajasthan - 5th.in
Pin Code: 323021
STD Code: 0744
Official Language: Hindi and English
Native Language: Rajasthani, Harauti
Till the early times of 17th century AD, Kota was ruled by the great king Rao Ratan Singh. In 1631, Kota was hand over to Rao Madho Singh who was the son of Rao Ratan Singh by the Mughal King Shahjahan. This, in turn, changed Kota into a free state of Rajasthan.
Maharao Bhim Singh had an important contribution towards the famous improvement of Kota who made Mansabs of five thousand in the place. From the 12th century AD to the today, Kota has made a famous journey which had been embellished with a host of old and historic events.
As a residence place of a tribal community, Kota was once a trivial locational spot of Rajasthan. But with the regular passage of time, the city of Kota developed as an important trade zone of the state.
Note: History of Kota identifies the exciting part of the city which expresses of a heritage which is more than 800 years old.
Tourist Spot in Kota
1. Maharao Madho Singh Museum
2. Kota Government Museum
3. Chambal Garden
4. Haveli of Devtaji
5. Kishore Sagar and Jag Mandir
6. Jawahar Sagar Dam
7. Darrah Wildlife Sanctuary
Interesting Fact About Kota
1. Kota was once the region of Rajput Rule of Bundi.
2. Kota is the only Indian city except for Thiruvananthapuram that takes a continuous 24-hour water supply.
3. Kota is higher than Udaipur. It is the third biggest city in Rajasthan after Jaipur and Jodhpur.
4. Kota is the only city to be circled by "4 Power Plants" in the range of 50 km.
(A) Kota Super Thermal Power Station
(B) Rawatbhata Atomic Energy Nuclear Power Plant
(C) NTPC Anta Gas Power Plant in Baran District
(D) Jawahar Sagar Hydro Power Plant
5. Kota was the Second most livable city in Rajasthan after Jaipur in 2013.
6. Etoos Coaching Center in Kota is a South Korea’s firm that is famous for its different style of education.
7. Kota has its own “Grand Canyon” the name is Garadia Mahadev that brings a lot of visitors from all about the world after it was shown on Rajasthan Tourism Ad.
8. World famous novels like “Revolution 2020” and “Life In A Nutshell” represents the life of the student of Kota.
9. Kota was placed among the Smart City Mission with other 98 cities and was rated 67th.
10. You know!! Singing Star Shreya Ghoshal is from Kota.
How to reach Kota?
The city of Kota is situated around 250 km far from the capital city of Rajasthan, Jaipur. Imperceptibly than being a tourist place, Kota is famous to be the center of several engineering and medical coaching institutes.
Still, some spots of concern are also placed in the city like Chambal Garden, Darrah National Park, Jag Mandir, and Kota Zoological Park. Kota is well linked by road and train with separate parts of Rajasthan as well as the rest of India.
The nearest airport to Kota is in Jaipur. The terminal is linked by major domestic flights operating to all major cities of India. On arrival at the airport, passengers can avail any means of local transportation to reach Kota.
Kota has an outstanding network of busses, which makes the journey convenient and fun. Direct buses to Kota are also available from Delhi and Agra. One can also rent a private transportation to travel to Kota by road.
Kota Railway Junction serves as a major rail junction of Rajasthan. It comes under the Mumbai-Delhi way and all important trains coming from different parts of India have scheduled the stopes at Kota.