Get A list of TOP 5 companies in Ajmer, Rajasthan - 5th.in
Know About Ajmer
Official Language: Hindi
Regional Language: Marwari, English
Nearest Cities: Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur
Ajmer is one of the most and oldest cities in the Indian state of Rajasthan and it is a center of eponymous Ajmer District. It is an important tourist place which is situated at the center of Rajasthan. The population of Ajmer district is 542,321 in the city 551,101 including the suburbs.
Ajmer was established as "Ajayameru" by a Shakambhari Chahamana ruler. Because it was founded by Ajayraja. Ajmer is surrounded by the Aravalli Hills. Ajmer is a base for visiting Pushkar which is only 11 KM from Ajmer. Pushkar is a famous city for the temple of Lord Brahma. Ajmer had been a municipality since 1869. Kishangarh is a nearby town of Ajmer which is the largest market for marble products.
Ajmer has been selected for the heritage city for "Heritage City Development And Augmentation Yojana" and also selected for the "Smart City Mission" Schemes of Government of India.
Landmarks and Memorials
1. Pushkar: It is located a few kilometers from Ajmer. Pushkar is and famous tourist destination and satellite town of Ajmer city. Pushkar Lake and Brahma Temple both are the most famous tourist destinations in India.
2. Talagarh Fort: It is the oldest hill fort in India. It stands at a height of 2,855 ft. above sea-level, and between 1,300 and 1,400 ft. King Ajaypal Chauhan had built this fort.
3. Ajmer Sharif Dargah: It is a shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti which is situated at the foot of the Talagarh hill. Akbar and his queen used to come here by foot every year to pray for a son. Now, people from across the country come here to pray every year.
4. Soni Ji Ki Nasiyaan: It is an architecturally rich Jain Temple, built in the nineteenth century whose main chamber Swarna Nagri "City of Gold" which is made from 1000 kg of gold.
5. Mayo College: It is founded in 1875 at the suggestion of Lord Mayo.
6. Akbari Fort & Museum: The city's museum was once the residence of Prince Salim (son of Emperor Akbar). It presently houses a collection of Mughal and Rajput.
Ajmer is a good education city of Rajasthan. The most and best educational institutions in Ajmer are 1. Mayo College and 2. The Government Arts College. Ajmer is also a home to the prestigious Sophia Girls schools and colleges, the historic Ajmer Music college etc are the most common educational places in Ajmer. There are many other schools, colleges and schools are also situated in Ajmer for good education.
Transportation in Ajmer
1. Air: Kishangarh Airport is nearby airport from Ajmer. It was inaugurated by our former Prime Minister "Manmohan Singh" in September 2013. Daily flights are commenced from 8 Oct. 2018 from Ajmer to Delhi.
2. Rail: Ajmer is also well-connected city by railways. The main railway station is Ajmer Junction which is situated in the city.